The Journey Begins Here!

Poet!K Flavour is a blog for upcoming African poets to share their work with the world. The blog features poems on Africa, life, nature, friendship, Love,...and everything that people care about.

This year, the best poems featured on this blog will be compiled and published in a single poetry book and the proceeds from sold copies shall be donated to charity within Africa.

This is a project for charity, get involved, join as a poet, tell friends, post comments, follow this blog,…take a step to solving the problems in your society….if you believe that Africa is not as it should be, join Poetik Flavor, the journey begins here!

To join as a poet and obtain blogging rights, contact the blog founder Imran Nakueira, be sure to send two sample poems and an Email Adress.

Being a charity project, poets will not be paid for any of their works published in the final edited collection. Poets with works appearing will however be credited for their work and, of course, receive at least one copy of the final publication. No poems will be reprinted without the permission of the poet. More info about the final publication will be layed out at the appropriate time. Thank you.

Monday, August 10, 2009

How the poor got rich

Madam I seek a job.
Five kids and a husband who just lost his job.
I have enough strength to grab the sharp end of a knife with my bare hand, help me feed my family like a woman should.

What is your name and how qualified are you?

Lyna is my name madam,
I am good at everything too.
An hour with the washing and ironing,
a minute with the cleanin and just under a second to feed yr kids.
Well Lyna,

You are hired!

Thank you-Thank you madam.
You will not regret it at all...I WIL START NOW.

The next day...
Madam; your clothes are all neat and tidy,
your house is spick n span and your kids are not to cry again.
My job is done for 2day.

5 seconds after:

Lyna...Where are my clothes?
Where is my furniture? AND LYNA...
Where are my child?

Lyna answers:
Er...madam...
I forgot 2 mention...
Im related to Robin Hood...

SO?

So your clothes look better on the poor,
your furniture makes the best fire wood
and your kids need more attention than those nails...OH! n madam,
one more thing...
YOUR HUSBAND PREFERED MY BED TO YOURS.
So thank u madam for being so giving,
May the good Lord bless your kind heart.

Copyrights(c).(2009)CLK PHAKEDI.All Rights Reserved.

No comments: