The Journey Begins Here!

Poet!K Flavour is a blog for upcoming African poets to share their work with the world. The blog features poems on Africa, life, nature, friendship, Love,...and everything that people care about.

This year, the best poems featured on this blog will be compiled and published in a single poetry book and the proceeds from sold copies shall be donated to charity within Africa.

This is a project for charity, get involved, join as a poet, tell friends, post comments, follow this blog,…take a step to solving the problems in your society….if you believe that Africa is not as it should be, join Poetik Flavor, the journey begins here!

To join as a poet and obtain blogging rights, contact the blog founder Imran Nakueira, be sure to send two sample poems and an Email Adress.

Being a charity project, poets will not be paid for any of their works published in the final edited collection. Poets with works appearing will however be credited for their work and, of course, receive at least one copy of the final publication. No poems will be reprinted without the permission of the poet. More info about the final publication will be layed out at the appropriate time. Thank you.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Beat The Bullet

I would not do as they asked,
I refused to continue being oppressed.
They gave me a count till three...
I tried to run, but I couldn't beat the bullet.
He told me to get out of my car,
He told me to hand over my keys,
I was just reaching for the seat belt...
He blew a hole into my neck, I couldn't beat the bullet.
I could no longer live a lie,
I couldn't bare to see my children cry,
I turned to reach for my bags...
He ended all our lives, I couldn't beat the bullet.
On my way to bed, ready to end my day.
I had just lay my kids to bed, men in black masks broke down my door...
The alarm was just a step away, but I couldn't beat the bullet.
I usually keep it in the safe,
I was going to put it away, He shot his sister in the chest.
She would be breathing today, but I couldn't beat the bullet.
They came to fight the crime, They came to revive the money.
She had just started saying ''mama''.
It wouldn't have gone straight through her head...
if I had just beat the bullet.
I loved her so much, I would do anything for her.
I promised her the world, I said I would even take it for her,
but I wouldn't beat the bullet.
They were out for revenge,
They were ready to kill!
They put me to my knees and the gun to my head.
I begged and pleaded with them, but not even that could beat the bullet.
Tossing and turning all night long.
Ranting and raving in my mind.
It was more than a nightmare,
something I could not explain.
Woke up in terror but happy I was still alive...
even though I STILL couldn't beat the bullet.

Copyright(c).(2009)CLK PHAKEDI.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No comments: