The Journey Begins Here!

Poet!K Flavour is a blog for upcoming African poets to share their work with the world. The blog features poems on Africa, life, nature, friendship, Love,...and everything that people care about.

This year, the best poems featured on this blog will be compiled and published in a single poetry book and the proceeds from sold copies shall be donated to charity within Africa.

This is a project for charity, get involved, join as a poet, tell friends, post comments, follow this blog,…take a step to solving the problems in your society….if you believe that Africa is not as it should be, join Poetik Flavor, the journey begins here!

To join as a poet and obtain blogging rights, contact the blog founder Imran Nakueira, be sure to send two sample poems and an Email Adress.

Being a charity project, poets will not be paid for any of their works published in the final edited collection. Poets with works appearing will however be credited for their work and, of course, receive at least one copy of the final publication. No poems will be reprinted without the permission of the poet. More info about the final publication will be layed out at the appropriate time. Thank you.

Monday, August 10, 2009

My mirror Speaks

Every morning I have a conversation with my mirror,
but questions I pose remain unanswered.
Day after day I ask: "Am I beautiful?"
"DO I look good?"
"Is my smile beyond words?"

For a moment there I thought it replied back.
That was actually my conscious,
the angel that God sent to me.

She said beauty is what is inside...
but still my questions remain unanswered.
"Am I beautiful?"
"Do I look good?"
"Is my smile beyond words?"

I asked more questions, this time I asked politely;
"Mirror Mirror, charming and clear, please answer me here"
"What do I possess that makes me unique?"
"Do I have the ability to fulfill my worth on earth?"
"Who loves me more than I love myself?"

A light appeared before me,
I had never in my life seen anything so bright and when it spoke,
I got the fright of my life.
"MY MIRROR SPEAKS!"

It said;
"GIRL! u sexy,
mighty fine-looking-self had better get me some shades cos dat smile sure is bright."
"and wat is dt 'moosh-mosh' al bout?
Only u gots de answers 2 those questions!"

Something surely knocked me about! I said it all at one go...I AM WHAT I AM AND REMAIN WHO I AM FOR THAT IS WHAT I AM!

Copyrights(c).(2009)CLK PHAKEDI. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: