The Journey Begins Here!

Poet!K Flavour is a blog for upcoming African poets to share their work with the world. The blog features poems on Africa, life, nature, friendship, Love,...and everything that people care about.

This year, the best poems featured on this blog will be compiled and published in a single poetry book and the proceeds from sold copies shall be donated to charity within Africa.

This is a project for charity, get involved, join as a poet, tell friends, post comments, follow this blog,…take a step to solving the problems in your society….if you believe that Africa is not as it should be, join Poetik Flavor, the journey begins here!

To join as a poet and obtain blogging rights, contact the blog founder Imran Nakueira, be sure to send two sample poems and an Email Adress.

Being a charity project, poets will not be paid for any of their works published in the final edited collection. Poets with works appearing will however be credited for their work and, of course, receive at least one copy of the final publication. No poems will be reprinted without the permission of the poet. More info about the final publication will be layed out at the appropriate time. Thank you.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Women on the move

Its that time again.
That time that is all bout me.
Now I may not be able to change de world, but I have the power to change my world.
I hold the most important of treasures in my hand. I have complete control of my life.
Come storm, come quake, come heat come drought, I will keep doing what mama taught me, de way mama taught me.
A verbal lesson, a visual lesson what I learned was a vital lesson.
I know my alphabet; vitamin A B C...; I know my counting half-past 1 2 3...and I now know this is my time!
When troubles come may way,
I will toss my life to de heavens and grab that knife at the sharpest end. By de time my life comes down again, I will have whipped the mist away from my eyes.
I will hold on to my life and I will start moving again. Il keep moving on because the light is ahead of me and not behind me.
I will run to my dream and not watch it move further away. I will not keep driving in the fast lane because its not about when you get there but how you get there.
Even if I stumble or fall. I will not crack or crawl. It is my move, thats how I walk. Im a woman on the move.
But one thing I know, I want to get there because it is my time to move. It is my mission.
It is my game.
At the end of it all, it wil be my success on the role.

Copyright(c).(2009) CLK PHAKEDI. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

polly juliet said...

yeah...its tym, tym for women, women who feel that they are here to take that risk of changing the phase of the world.
We need that change so badly because we have what it takes to be Heroes .Women.....Lets gooooooo!!!!!!!!