The Journey Begins Here!

Poet!K Flavour is a blog for upcoming African poets to share their work with the world. The blog features poems on Africa, life, nature, friendship, Love,...and everything that people care about.

This year, the best poems featured on this blog will be compiled and published in a single poetry book and the proceeds from sold copies shall be donated to charity within Africa.

This is a project for charity, get involved, join as a poet, tell friends, post comments, follow this blog,…take a step to solving the problems in your society….if you believe that Africa is not as it should be, join Poetik Flavor, the journey begins here!

To join as a poet and obtain blogging rights, contact the blog founder Imran Nakueira, be sure to send two sample poems and an Email Adress.

Being a charity project, poets will not be paid for any of their works published in the final edited collection. Poets with works appearing will however be credited for their work and, of course, receive at least one copy of the final publication. No poems will be reprinted without the permission of the poet. More info about the final publication will be layed out at the appropriate time. Thank you.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Thought I'd find my way

Assemble yourself,
hurry bcos time waits for no man.
On yr mark, get set and ready to walk out the door.
Find your place in the world, find your feet on the ground.
Mommy's tears fall to the floor,
Daddy smiles at his boy.
Another family soldier goes to war, the struggle continues to get by in this world. The rooster starts the day,
The alarm breaks away.
I am not used to this...getting up to another day.
Many things to do, too little time, and today it seems the minutes are even less. Lord please help me get by through this day.
Driving through the fast lane,
had no time to break the fast,
guess I will have a black-one just to get by today.
Adrenalin pumps away,
I am just about to tell the boss 'FOOL GET OUT MY WAY!'
Than it hits me!...who pays that way...?
Back in my NOT so humble home,
it is tough in the nine-to-five.
Damn! Mommy I am coming home,
I jus cant make it on my own.
Now I see sucking on your breast was far better than this bottle of booz...
Besides...Im just a five year old who thought he could make it on his own.

Copyrights(c).(2009)CLK PHAKEDI.All Rights Reserved.

No comments: